The International Isis Festival for Women's Theater announces the opening of submissions for the second edition of the Nahed Selim Incubator. The incubator welcomes proposals for theatrical projects addressing women's issues or produced by women across the country from January 20 to February 20.
The Nahed Selim Incubator is a project of the International Isis Festival for Women's Theater, named after the late great critic Dr. Nahed Selim. It supports youth theatrical creativity and feminist innovation. The incubator adopts several projects for theatrical performances related to women's issues, providing technical and artistic development through workshops held throughout the year. It then offers logistical support to the more complete projects. The best productions are selected to be featured in the festival's annual program. The first edition was launched in 2019 with the support and partnership of the Goethe-Institut, resulting in six projects from various parts of the country, including the award-winning play "Al Matbakh" (Best Emerging Actress, Best Emerging Director, Best Author at the National Theater Festival 2022).
The Nahed Selim Incubator targets the following categories:
- Female theater makers across the country without age or subject restrictions.
- Theater makers under 40 across the country who address women's issues in their productions.
- Support the production of women's theater presented by female theater makers or creative youth through craftsmanship and production support.
- Showcase outstanding productions from women's theater in critical and media discourse.
- The concept of the presentation should positively address women's issues or portray women.
- Equality of opportunity should be considered, reflecting gender and geographic diversity in the selected projects.
The deadline for submissions is February 20, 2024. Projects submitted after this date or those that do not complete the form and accompanying requests in full will not be considered.